Each year the Liberty Lutheran Family of Services is blessed with the outpouring of support we receive from members of congregations in Southeast Pennsylvania.
Liberty Lutheran is pleased to announce our new initiative – “Say Yes to Service.” Connect with others through our Family of Services to make a difference. Together we can continue our shared legacy of faithful service by bringing new and exciting opportunities to members of your congregation.
There are many ways you can “Say Yes to Service.”
Ingathering – Participate in the Christmas Ingathering, which collects donations for children and families in need. Unload and sort items received at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, Huntingdon Valley, on Sunday, December 7, 2:30 – 5:00 p.m. Junior High and Senior High youth are welcome with their chaperones!
Liberty’s Lutheran Children and Family Service, the largest provider of refugee services in Pennsylvania, needs on-going support to welcome newcomers to our communities. How you can help:
- Sponsor a newly arriving family by working with a team from your congregation and surrounding community.
- Volunteer to move furniture, help to set up an apartment, or help with transportation to medical appointments.
- Adopt a “Welcome Box” project at your congregations. Welcome Boxes are filled with everyday needs for a new home (bathroom and kitchen supplies are always welcome.)
Liberty’s Lutheran Disaster Response – Eastern PA is the agency designated by the ELCA to oversee disaster response and preparedness for 19 counties in Eastern Pennsylvania. How you can help:
- Collect cleaning supplies and organize a “Clean-up Buckets” event at your church.
- Help your community build its capacity for disaster response by hosting a preparedness event or training.
- Download the new Congregational Preparedness Manual from the ELCA at www.elca.org/disaster to explore ways that your congregation can say “yes” to your community’s need in a time of crisis or disaster.
Seniors receive a wide range of services within the Liberty Family.
- Activity Assistants and Friendly Visitors – Assist with resident activities, special events or trips.
- Youth and Adult Group Activities – Entertain our residents during a monthly birthday party or get to know them while working on a special project.
- Senior Center Volunteers – Assist staff with class registration, member services, special events or lend your special skills and teach a class.
How you can help at Liberty Hospice:
- Hospice Volunteers – Receive specialized training in order to offer caregivers a respite break and companionship to patients.
“Say Yes to Service” with Liberty Lutheran by contacting Amanda Beardall, Welcoming Communities Coordinator, Lutheran Children and Family Service, firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-456-5700 Ext: 216; or Rev. Jennifer Ollikainen at 610-425-2981 or email@example.com.