Liberty Lutheran is thrilled to announce our recognition by the Philadelphia Inquirer as a Top Workplace in the Delaware Valley. An outstanding honor, only 125 companies made the list this year and Liberty Lutheran ranked number 11 among large employers in the Philadelphia area.
This list is based solely on employee feedback. With nearly 400 staff members participating, our tremendous employee response rate significantly outpaced the average participation from other senior living communities. The collaborative culture we’ve built together clearly demonstrates our dedication to insuring employees feel valued in a safe, open, and positive environment.
This honorable recognition could not have been achieved without the inspirational work that our employees do for one another and the people we serve each and every day. Here are some of the comments from employees that demonstrate our success.
Employee Feedback from Philadelphia Top Workplace Survey Results
Why would you recommend working at Liberty Lutheran Services?
- Liberty is the only organization that I’ve worked for that I feel proud to be a part of. I am proud of the work we do and the way in which we go about doing that work. Liberty believes in investing in its employees on many different levels.
- The atmosphere is conducive to be able to balance your professional and personal life. The expectations are high, but also realistic.
- Caring and compassionate culture that extends to both those we serve and our employees.
- I love my job because I feel valued.
What about Liberty Lutheran Services is motivating to you?
- Every day the residents let me know how much they appreciate the things that we do. My manager is a great listener and she makes it easier for me to do my job.
- Seeing all the smiling faces of the residents every morning.
- Good compensation scales, competitive benefits, the eval process is also motivating.
What contributes most to you wanting to stay with Liberty Lutheran Services?
- Knowing that senior leadership does all they can do to keep LL fiscally strong and grow where possible. Also managing with the highest integrity.
- I believe Liberty wants to be seen as an innovative and cutting edge organization that is exciting.
- Retirement plan, the care and respect for the residents and the learning opportunities in the company. I feel valued working at Liberty.
Share an example of Liberty Lutheran Services operating by strong values:
- Internal customer service is evident at all families of services. We help co-workers when needs arise.
- They understand family first.
- Core competencies are taken seriously.
- Best care provided to residents.
What do you like about the direction Liberty Lutheran Services is going?
- Liberty’s mission is to serve, which aligns perfectly with my desire to serve and help people.
- I feel as though Liberty Lutheran is offering more and more to its employees, including things such as this survey, in which we can give feedback. You can tell Liberty works hard to make their employees feel included and offers the proper training and education to its employees, which I think is great!
- We are a growing organization that has not lost sight of our mission to serve and provide top-notch care.
How are different points of view encouraged at Liberty Lutheran Services?
- When collaborating with the team, no one is told that their ideas are bad. There is no negative judgment shown.
- Constant communication is encouraged, which can lead to others expressing their views better.
How are new ideas encouraged at Liberty Lutheran Services?
- New ideas have been generated by meetings and conversations within our community and also discussing with Liberty’s Whitemarsh team.
- Everyone is given the opportunity to learn and grow.
What do you find most meaningful about working at Liberty Lutheran Services?
- Helping the newer residents feel like they are home when they first move in. Hanging their photographs and talking to them about their lives.
- Staff are very committed to providing quality care to our residents. Liberty is committed to treating staff fairly and well.
- The family-like atmosphere that exists among employees.
How does Liberty Lutheran Services empower you to use your full potential?
- I am included in decision making. I feel respected for my knowledge and past experiences. I am encouraged to make independent decisions.
- Liberty allows me to be me. I am encouraged to provide feedback and share my thoughts and feelings on a range of topics. I feel included and I believe my voice matters.
I love my job because:
- I feel genuine care from everyone – from senior management to people I supervise. That care extends to all of the people we treat. Liberty ensures that we have correct staffing and key people in the correct roles so we can achieve our goals and have excellent patient outcomes. We also have a great time together, I feel like I work with family every day – we are very close.
- My co-workers genuinely care about the residents and staff. We have fun and work as an amazing team. I truly enjoy my job and couldn’t imagine working anywhere else.
Liberty Lutheran would like to thank all of our employees who helped us achieve this notable recognition as a Top Workplace by participating in Philly.com’s survey. At Liberty Lutheran, our employees’ voices matter and we hear what you have shared.