Home is the place we feel comfort, peace, and security. When you or your loved one is considering moving to a senior living community, it’s important to understand the various levels of care so that you and your family can feel secure, supported, and fulfilled.
Memory care and skilled nursing are two distinct levels of care offered within the community at Artman, a proud member of the Liberty Lutheran family of services. And while both skilled nursing and memory care offer 24/7 medical support, the differences between them are critical to understanding which service is right for you or your loved one.
Our dedicated team provides compassionate care while nurturing all residents’ dignity and freedom.–MaryAnn McLaughlin, senior director of sales and marketing at Artman
Memory care services are specialized for patients with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia-related conditions, in contrast to skilled nursing care which provides more generalized services to individuals needing assistance with activities of daily living, medication management, and more.
Skilled Nursing vs Memory Care
- Skilled nursing: a healthcare center with full-time registered nurses and doctors on staff, providing nursing care 24 hours a day. Skilled nursing facilities also have places to store and dispense medication properly.
- Memory care: a distinct form of skilled nursing care specialized for patients with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia-related conditions. Memory care units usually have a distinct wing or section within a residential community. Medical services are also available 24 hours a day with full-time registered nurses and doctors on staff.
Skilled Nursing or Memory Care? How to choose which one is right for you
Choosing between skilled nursing and memory care can be a difficult decision, especially if you or your loved one is experiencing early symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia-related conditions. While every individual’s circumstances are different, there are significant factors to consider that will help you make this important choice for you and your family.
Artman, one of Liberty Lutheran’s vibrant senior living communities, offers outstanding skilled nursing and memory care services that provide comfort, security, and peace of mind for residents and their families.
Skilled Nursing at Artman: The services you need, when you need them
Leading the way for Skilled Nursing services in Montgomery County, PA, the community at Artman has been providing compassionate care to generations of residents since 1916. With long-term skilled nursing care at Artman, a team of highly trained, professional staff provides individualized care while encouraging the highest levels of independence.
24-hour medical supervision means that nurses, doctors, and therapists are there for you or your loved ones whenever you need them.
Skilled nursing services at Artman include
- Long-term care with 24-hour medical supervision from licensed nurses and doctors
- Assistance with activities of daily life
- Dressing, dining, bathing, and more
- Small household models to provide home-like setting
- Medication management and supervision
- Chef prepared meals
- Short term rehabilitation available including physical, occupational or speech therapy
Sr. Director of Sales and Marketing, MaryAnn McLaughlin, has been working at Artman for 7 years, and when asked what sets Artman apart from other senior living communities, she says the compassionate care that staff provides for residents is outstanding.
Memory Care at Artman: Making every moment meaningful
Providing highly personalized services for individuals with Alzheimer’s and dementia-related conditions, memory care at Artman empowers residents to maintain their independence and create meaningful experiences. With Inspiring Today, Artman’s unique approach to memory care, residents live each day in the moment and participate in activities customized to their interests that promote fitness, spirituality, cognitive acuity, creative expression, social interaction and more.
Our staff helps residents find meaningful moments within each day. At Artman, we truly care about the people we serve and we always provide them with the compassionate care that they deserve.
Artman’s small household models in both skilled nursing and memory care provide a home-like setting for residents and their families. At Artman, people feel the comfort, peace, and security of home.