Skip to content
- 2 medium eggplants sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 large tomatoes sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs mixed with 1 Tbsp of dried Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. fresh spinach
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Balsamic glaze for garnishing
- Create dredging station with beaten eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Dip each eggplant slice in egg, and then breadcrumb mixture. Special tip: Use one hand for dipping into egg and other hand for dipping into breadcrumbs. This will keep your hands and kitchen clean!
- Heat a large saute pan with olive oil to medium heat. When pan is hot, place breaded eggplant slices in pan. Cook on both sides until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- While eggplant is cooking, saute spinach on medium heat in a separate pan with a splash of olive oil. Cook for just one minute. Spinach will wilt slightly.
- When eggplant slices are done cooking, remove them from pan and place on paper towel to drain off extra oil.
- Create your eggplant stacks on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Place eggplant slice on bottom, then one slice of tomato, then cheese, and repeat. Top with spinach and a pinch of cheese.
- When finished layering your stacks, transfer sheet pan to oven. Cook at 375 degrees for about five minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and enjoy!