Residents of The Manor at York Town look forward to sipping and socializing with friends as they enjoy fresh air and delightful libations every week at The Manor’s signature outdoor happy hour. With beautiful weather and the community’s upscale scenic courtyard, this weekly event is always well-attended.
“Our outdoor happy hour is a time for residents to socialize with friends and enjoy each other’s company. Our residents are so happy to get outside and be together. It’s very refreshing,” says Community Life Manager, Robyn Fine. Serving a variety of wines paired with delicious hors d’oeuvres, residents are delighted to laugh, drink, and spend time together.
Happy hour is an opportunity for residents to share stories, to have conversations and joke about sports and current events. You’re enjoying an array of people with different things to say and it’s wonderful. It’s also a golden opportunity to meet new residents and get to know people.Ed S., resident of The Manor at York Town
With outdoor happy hour occurring every Thursday at 4 o’clock, Robyn and team members also organize indoor happy hour every Monday and Friday. “Our residents love their wine,” Robyn laughs. “We have a bar cart that we’ll bring around to residents’ apartments. They get to enjoy a nice refreshment without ever leaving home,” she says. Happy hour also occurs conveniently before the community’s dinner service. With five-star quality cuisine and fresh, local ingredients, residents enjoy attending happy hour and heading straight to the community’s beautiful dining room for a delightful dinner.
Meet our Executive Chef, Mark! Discover one of his latest recipes and learn about his fine-dining experience!
In addition to happy hour, residents at The Manor enjoy a wide variety of activities that are personalized to their unique interests. Some of Robyn’s most popular community life programs include French language class, live performances with local students and entertainers, weekly TED talk discussions, shuffle board, as well as fitness classes and personal training with the community’s Fitness Director, John.
Enjoying all that The Manor has to offer, residents throughout this community are thrilled to connect with friends and expand their horizons for a fulfilling retirement.
Try our Summer Strawberry Moscow Mule!
Ingredients (for one drink):
- 2 ounces vodka, adjust to taste
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- 2 ounces strawberry simple syrup, see recipe below
- fresh mint leaves
- lime wedges
Strawberry Simple Syrup:
Prepare the Simple Syrup
- Heat all ingredients for the strawberry simple syrup (except pure vanilla extract) in a saucepan over medium heat. Cover and bring to a full boil, stirring occasionally. When strawberries begin to soften, mash them with a fork. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook at least 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, discarding the strawberry pulp or save it for a smoothie or muffin recipe. Store simple syrup in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Make the Moscow Mules:
- Fill a shaker with ice and add the ingredients for one Moscow Mule. Shake well and serve in a copper mug filled with ice with a lime wedge and a sprig of fresh mint.